Dental Cosmetics South Gate, CA
Visit South Gate Family Dentistry for dental cosmetics. We provide comprehensive dental care for patients throughout the South Gate area and we can help you to remain in excellent oral health while also improving your smile. We believe that patients can have teeth that are highly functional and look amazing. After all, your teeth are yours for a lifetime, making it important to care for them and enjoy the way they look. To schedule a consultation to discuss possible procedures, call (323) 583-1481.
Why You Should Consider Dental Cosmetics
If you do not like the appearance of your smile, you do not have to live with it. While many people long for a beautiful, white and symmetrical smile, few realize just how easy it is to get one. Using dental cosmetics, we can transform ordinary, damaged or dull smiles into something truly beautiful.
The Differences Between Dental Cosmetics and General Dentistry Services
Most general dentists will focus on preventative care and restorations; which we provide as well. However, we also provide solutions that can improve the way your teeth and gums look. At South Gate Family Dentistry, we believe that you do not have to choose between the two. You can have a full set of teeth that allows you to eat without any problems and speak clearly, while also looking highly attractive. Our efforts will influence which solutions we suggest when it comes to repairing teeth or providing preventative dental care.
Dental Cosmetics: Restorative Solutions
If you have cracked, chipped, broken, or lost a tooth, we recommend that you visit our South Gate office for dental cosmetics. Our restorative solutions make it possible for you to keep your natural teeth in place while restoring their structure and appearance. We can provide restorations that are nearly impossible to tell apart from your natural teeth. A perfect example of how we apply this strategy is in the material we use to place dental crowns. When you visit our dental office with a cracked tooth, we can provide you with a tooth-colored crown as opposed to a silver one. The level of support and durability will be there but the appearance of your tooth will be enhanced.
Check out what others are saying about our dental cosmetic services on Yelp: Dental Cosmetics South Gate
Dental Cosmetics for Teeth Replacement
South Gate Family Dentistry offers several solutions for replacing missing teeth – all of them natural looking. Whether you have lost one or several teeth due to decay, age, infection or an accident, we can replace them using dentures, a dental bridge, or dental implants. We will ensure that no matter which solution you select, the fit will be exact and the appearance as natural as possible. However, if you want a tooth replacement solution that looks and behaves exactly like a natural tooth, you may want to consider dental implants. An implant is the only dental cosmetic solution that replaces both your lost root and tooth. Through the process of osseointegration, the jawbone will provide the same level of stability to your implant and replacement tooth that it did to your natural one. You will then have the ability to eat all off your favorite foods and maintain an active lifestyle. Patients will be able to enjoy the long-term benefits of this and all of our tooth replacement solutions.
Dental Cosmetics for Oral Health
Improving the appearance of your smile can actually improve your oral health when it involves restoring damaged teeth or straightening them. A cracked or chipped tooth has the risk for an infection to set in and for the damage to spread. Crooked teeth are also more difficult to clean. Food can become stuck between the teeth, making it hard to remove the bits of food while brushing and flossing. This creates additional opportunities for plaque to build up and tooth decay to set in. At South Gate Family Dentistry, we find that dental cosmetics can be an effective solution for both restoring and straightening to improve oral health.
Dental Cosmetics Solutions
We use a variety of cosmetic solutions to improve the health, appearance and functionality of teeth. A comprehensive examination and consultation will help determine the solutions that we choose. A few of the solutions we recommend on a regular basis are:
- Improving health
- Teeth whitening to remove stains and bring back your youthful appearance
- Dental bonding to restore minor damage
- Dental veneers to cover the surface of the teeth and create a stunning smile while also correcting small cracks and chips
- Tooth-colored dental crowns to restore and protect teeth that have been cracked, chipped, or have lost a lot of enamel
- Dental bridges as a secure solution for partial tooth loss
- Dental implants for a permanent way to replace missing teeth
At South Gate Family Dentistry we also recommend that you include regular preventative care in any plan that you have for improving your smile. Clean teeth will naturally look much better than teeth that are dirty and unhealthy. Brushing and flossing at home are important first steps; but they are usually not enough to keep your teeth in good health. Visiting our South Gate, CA dental office will help. During these appointments we will remove built up plaque and tartar from your teeth, look for signs of cavities and infections, and treat any oral health conditions right away. This will help to keep your teeth strong so that they are less likely to become damaged and require a restoration.
Dental Cosmetics You Can Depend On
Our goal is to keep you in the best possible oral health so that you can maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. Our team is compassionate and gentle. We will work to find solutions that are perfect for your individual needs and provide you with dental cosmetics that work to keep you smiling now and as you age. Whether you have lost a tooth or are dealing with an infected and damaged one, we can help. To schedule an appointment to speak with South Gate Family Dentistry call 323-583-1481. We look forward to assisting you.
If you live in the South Gate area, call (323) 583-1481 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Why should I consider dental cosmetics?
Q. What can cosmetic dentistry do for me?
Q. Can dental cosmetics replace my teeth?
People Also Ask
Q. What are some full mouth reconstruction treatment options?
Q. How can I prepare for the dental implant procedure?
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Dental Cosmetics
Cosmetic Dentistry: Inlays And Onlays Vs. Crowns
Inlays, onlays and dental crowns are most commonly used in general dentistry, but many individuals are exploring them for Cosmetic Dentist purposes. Cosmetic dentistry aims to improve the form and function of teeth that are in bad shape, whether due to accidental damage or long-term complications from cavities or infections. Through inlay, onlay and crown…
FAQs About Treatment With A Cosmetic Dentist
Anyone who has imperfections in their smile that cause them to feel insecure should consider how a cosmetic dentist can help them achieve a more attractive smile that brings them more confidence each day.Most people understand a better smile would be beneficial. Unfortunately, all too many avoid treatment, as they fear they are not a…
Beauty Solutions Offered By A Cosmetic Dentist Near South Gate
For anyone that is looking to get a better-looking smile, visiting a Cosmetic Dentist can be a great solution. Because of their difference in focus than a general dentist, a cosmetic dentist will help a person get the teeth they want to be proud of their smile.One of the most common questions is what the…
Smile Makeover Treatment Plan Options
Thinking you would like to have a smile makeover? Great! New advances in dental technologies now allow for a number of cosmetic treatments that can improve the way you look when you smile. Your smile makeover may only include one makeover option or it may include three or more, it is simply up to you.…